Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Cheap Makeup and Easy Freebies

This has been a big week for bargain shopping, and it's only Tuesday! Here is a round up of some great deals I've been reading about:

  • Send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Outback Steakhouse Fathers Day Certificate Request, 2202 N. West Shore Blvd., Tampa, FL 33607" to receive a free $10 gift certificate to Outback Steakhouse. This deal may be too good to be true, especially because it looks as though you can request one certificate a day from now through July 5th. Read more about this deal here, as originally posted at iMommies.
Right now you can purchase $25 worth of beauty products from Amazon and get $20 back. Yes, really. Read the terms, there, but basically any $25+ beauty purchase from a single seller will come with a free subscription to US Weekly. You can send in a rebate form so that instead of the magazine subscription, you get the retail value back—$19.80. (Although I am generally not a fan of rebate deals, I have always requested rebates on Amazon magazine bonuses and they have always come without a problem.)

I used some of our stockpiled Amazon rewards from our Chase Amazon Visa to buy myself some Bare Escentuals powder foundation, which I've been lusting after but can't ordinarily afford. I don't use a lot of makeup, but I do like to have a nice powder and some color on my lips, so I'm excited to try this popular foundation! Mine will be $5.20 after the rebate, which is cheaper than the powder I usually use!

  • Also, Walgreens has Organix shampoo and conditioner on sale this week buy-one-get-one-free. Many of their bottles come with full rebate forms clearly visible around the cap. If you haven't yet taken advantage of the rebate deal, this is a great time to pick up two bottles of shampoo or conditioner that would usually retail for $6.99 each. Hooray! Edit: Bethany just gave me the heads up that not everyone is receiving their rebates. Maybe I'll get lucky, since it's too late now! Proceed with caution if you decide to give this a try.

No comments: