Monday, June 23, 2008

Menu Plan Monday: Invalid Edition


Hubs has thrown his back out, which happens a few times a year. He can still walk, which is good; sometimes it can be really bad. Consequently, he's coming home from work as I type, so I won't have as much time as usual to work on this week's menus. I usually brainstorm while I do other things in the morning, and then sit down and plan in earnest in the afternoon.

A friend of ours gave us the leftover ground beef from the birthday party we attended over the weekend. Combining that with my leftover ground beef from last week means that this week is going to be very "beefy!" Here is my rough menu plan so far:


Monday: Savory Pancakes, melon, leftovers from this weekend (I was planning to make the stuffed chiles today, but Hubs devoured the cheddar!)

Tuesday: Meatloaf?

Wednesday: Chicken-Stuffed Poblano Chiles with Enchilada Sauce

Thursday: Shepherd's Pie (Thanks to ahorne for her suggestion in the comments! We tried this last week and it was great, but I'm still plugging away at that pile o' meat.)


I still don't think that meatloaf is going to use up all of my uncooked ground beef, and I think we're a little meatloaf-ed out at this point. So I'm throwing myself on your mercy again . . . any meals that will use up about five pounds of ground beef? Neither Hubs nor I are big hamburger fans, and we did the pizza and mini pizzas thing last week. And tacos the week before. Ground beef ice cream? Beef-sicles? Aaagh!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried avgolemono? A very simple soup which makes a real nice change of pace. I wont give a recipe, they are very easy to find online, but if it doesn't include them a bit of rice and some red pepper are nice additions. (siempre)

Laura said...

Wow, that looks yummy! I'm thinking about making chili today, but that would be a perfect weekend meal because it's so easy. I don't like to spend a lot of time cooking on the weekend when Hubs (Bo!) is home.

cakeybakes said...

Hey, Sis, try out beef enchilladas or a potato and beef hash with peppers and onions. A big salad on the side works great, then you get in your green, too. Stuffed peppers are pretty good for the Hungarian side of the family! You'll have to call the mother-in-law for the best recipe in the world!